Welcome to the North Coast Tri club! To join our club or see a list of fees please see our Membership page. We are thrilled that you are either considering becoming a member or have already signed up…
So you are probably thinking, “what now?” Getting involved with a new club can be a little daunting and we totally understand that. We have all been in that position at some stage. Here are a few tips to get you started and hopefully make you feel more at ease;
- Our website is our biggest source of information sharing with our members. Be sure to subscribe to the website to get an email update of any recent news or website updates. You can add your email address under the subscribe button in the sidebar on the right.
- Juniors, age 7-11, are able to participate in triathlon but at this age, are unable to compete. We hold a 10-week program over the summer season (during school time) to teach you some basic skills and have a whole lot of fun. These are held at and around the SSLSC on a Friday afternoon and include play-based activities to teach skills and build confidence. An accredited coach supervises the sessions with the assistance of club members. Parent volunteer support is encouraged to ensure a safe and fun environment for everyone! More information on the course can be found here.
- We also offer a coached swim session specific to 9-12 year olds throughout the year. This is limited in numbers and pre-paid per term. More information can be found here.
- Competitive Juniors are aged 12-18 years and they are able to compete in events if they wish. This age group is welcome to attend any of our scheduled swimming or run training sessions. Details for these can be found under the training menu above and times and dates are listed on the calendar. A specific cycling session is offered to this age group to ensure safety while building on confidence and skills. These are held on a Friday night during the Juniors program and also, by invitation, on a Saturday morning year round with Kevin Chua as Kevin has to approve them coming along first based on their skills etc. Details and more information can be found here.
- The club offers the opportunity to raise funds to assist with the cost of interstate races for Juniors. Details about this: Fund Raising / Cost Assistance
- We highly recommend everyone attending the cycling sessions take the time to read through the cycling safety & etiquette sections under the training menu beforehand to ensure you have a good time and stay safe!
- If you, or your parents, are on Facebook, we have a community page which is a great place to meet other members, ask questions and join in extra “informal” training sessions or social outings.
- We love seeing other North Coasters out training and racing! If you want to get some North Coast gear, you will find all the information on the Club kit page. We encourage all our members to wear a wristband ID when training, especially cycling, as a safety precaution.
- We hold lots of events during the year, check out the events page and calendar for the dates and details, and get involved! You will meet new people and are bound to have a great time! Our aquathlons are open to Juniors over 12 years of age and are a great place to start. They are scheduled roughly every fortnight over the triathlon season on a Friday evening at Sorrento Surf Life Saving Club. They are a great way to meet other members by either coming down to participate or spectate. It is a family friendly evening and we encourage you to stay around afterwards for a BBQ and to enjoy a beverage or two!
We are here to support you. If you have any specific questions, you are welcome to contact the Juniors liaison, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are also welcome to contact the other members of the committee, or chat with our coaches if you have other questions or need some guidance. While many members are keen athletes, we don’t strive to be an elite outfit – “competing and socialising in harmony” is our philosophy, and we really want you to feel welcome and a big part of our growing and flourishing community of North Coasters!