Welcome to the North Coast Tri club! To join our club or see a list of fees please see our Membership page. We are thrilled that you are either considering becoming a member or have already signed up.
So you are probably thinking, “what now?” Getting involved with a new club can be a little daunting and we totally understand that. We have all been in that position at some stage. Here are a few tips to get you started and hopefully make you feel more at ease;
- Our website is our biggest source of information sharing with our members. Be sure to check out the calendar and training menu above for up to date information on the scheduled training and social activities. Then all you need to do is simply show up. Our wonderful coaches and friendly members will welcome you and give you all the help and support you need to ensure you enjoy yourself.
- Be sure to subscribe to the website to get an email update of any recent news or website updates. You can add your email address under the subscribe button in the sidebar on the right.
- If you are on Facebook, we have a community page which is a great place to meet other members, ask questions and join in extra “informal” training sessions or social outings.
- We love seeing other North Coasters out training and racing! If you want to get some North Coast gear, you will find all the information on the Club kit page. We encourage all our members to wear a wristband ID when training, especially cycling, as a safety precaution.
- All levels of ability are encouraged to attend our club rides. They are structured according to similar ability and are great fun! We highly recommend every one attending the cycling sessions take the time to read through the cycling safety & etiquette sections under the training menu beforehand to ensure you have a good time and stay safe!
- The club has the opportunity to raise money by volunteering assistance with registration, recovery and marshalling at certain events. Details about this: Fund Raising / Cost Assistance
- We hold lots of events during the year, check out the events page and calendar for the dates and details, and get involved! You will meet new people and are bound to have a great time! Our aquathlons are a great place to start. They are scheduled roughly every fortnight over the triathlon season on a Friday evening at Sorrento Surf Life Saving Club. They are a great way to meet other members by either coming down to participate or spectate. It is a family friendly evening and we encourage you to stay around afterwards for a BBQ and to enjoy a beverage or two!
We are here to support you. If you have any questions, you are welcome to contact the new member liaison Kim by email at email@example.com or call 0424 911 521. You are also welcome to contact the other members of the committee, or chat with our coaches if you have questions or need some guidance. While many members are keen athletes, we don’t strive to be an elite outfit – “competing and socialising in harmony” is our philosophy, and we really want you to feel welcome and a big part of our growing and flourishing community of North Coasters!