Expectations of CT’s
- Respect and acknowledge the amount of work and effort by the coaches, volunteers and club committee members
- Abide by the rules. They aim to keep everyone safe and competition fair.
- Never argue with an official. If you disagree, discuss with your parent and coach.
- Verbal abuse of coaches and sledging other competitors , deliberately distracting or provoking a competitor are not acceptable or permitted behaviours in any sport.
- Work equally hard for yourself and/or your team. Your team’s performance will benefit, so will you.
- Be a good sport. Treat all participants in your sport as you like to be treated. Do not bully or take unfair advantage of another competitor.
- Cooperate with your coach, team-mates and other competitors. Without them there would be no competition.
- Participate for your own enjoyment and benefit, not just to please parents and coaches.
- Remember that children participate in sport for their enjoyment, not yours.
- Encourage children to participate, do not force them.
- Focus on the child’s efforts and performance rather than winning or losing.
- Encourage children always to play according to the rules and to settle disagreements without resorting to hostility or violence.
- Never ridicule or yell at a child for making a mistake or losing a competition.
- Remember that children learn best by example. Appreciate good performances and skilful plays by all participants.
- Support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from sporting activities.
- Respect officials’ decision and teach children to do likewise.
- Show appreciation for volunteer coaches, officials and administrators. Without them, your child could not participate.
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of every young person regardless of their gender, ability, cultural background or religion.