Club Chair – Milou Smeets
The President is the principal leader of the organisation and has the overall responsibility for the administration. These include:
- Setting the overall annual agenda for the committee
- Help the committee prioritise its activities
- Keep the running of the club on track by working within the framework of the constitution and the framework of the club policy
- Must be informed of all the clubs activities
- Be aware of the future directions and plans of the members
- Have a good working knowledge of the Club’s constitution and the various duties of all office bearers and subcommittees
- Manage committee and executive meetings
- Manage Annual General Meeting
- Represent the Club at local, regional and association levels
- Be a support for all clubs members
- Act as a facilitator for club activities
- Ensure that the planning and budgeting is carried out in accordance with the best interests of all members
Club Secretary – Fiona Longden
This person is the internal administrator of the Club and is required to handle the following:
- Correspondence – collect mail from the post box, read, present at committee meetings, pass on appropriately and then record all correspondence to and from the club.
- Records – save, store, maintain all club documents / notices / newsletters / minutes.
- Meetings – set place and time, attend all meetings, send notice of meetings to relevant people, set agenda, take minutes and circulate minutes to all relevant people.
- Keep on file at all times a complete and up to date resister of club members – this information will be available from the membership’s manager.
Treasurer – Tom Gilbert
- Keep record of all accounts – maintain and keep up to date, for all expenditure and income
- Issue receipts and deposits for all club income
- Maintains credit card facility
- Make committee approved payments
- Is a Club cheques signatory
- Controls petty cash
- Present Treasurers report at each committee meeting
- Prepare annual financial report for AGM
- Maintain sponsorship register