The Freo & River ride consists of two different distances (Freo: 54km and River: 84km).
The route is as follows:
- The ride starts from Sorrento SLSC and heads south along the coast to Trigg.
- Join the shared path at south Trigg car park along to Scarborough via the car park
- South along the shared path to City Beach
- Along Challenger Pde
- Right West Coast Hwy then follow this to Curtin Ave and all the way to North Freo.
- We cross into Freo via the Queen Victoria Bridge
- Left down East Street and pull up in a parking bay in Riverside Drive
- At this point the Freo only riders will turn back and do the same course in reverse
- East along Riverside Drv
- Preston Point Rd
- Left into Point Walter Rd
- Right Carroll Drv
- Left Burke Drv
- Onto the shared path to follow along the river to Melville Beach Rd, Dee Rd, Fraser Rd, Ardross St, The Strand, Nisbet Rd, Duncraig Rd, Canning Beach Rd, under the Canning Bridge and down The Esplanade to the Cafe at Deep Water Point.
- South along The Esplanade to the Mount Henry Bridge underpass.
- North along the river shared path to the Narrows
- Left into Mounts Bay Rd
- Left Hackett Drv past UWA, then straight along Princess Rd to the end
- Right Bayview Tce through the lights in Claremont
- Right Stirling Rd
- Left to Claremont Cres back to West Coast and home along the same route as we traveled down.
The river route is 84km and the freo route is 54km