The week ahead.. As always, check the calendar for the weekly training sessions available but the highlights of the weeks activities include:
TUESDAY 10th MARCH
* CLUB RIDE: 6-7.20am, Iluka Loop
This is the regular Tuesday morning club ride departing 6AM Celebrations Bottle-shop at Whitfords Shopping Centre. There are three ride plans catering for all speeds of riders: Group 1 – plus 32km/hr, Group 2 – plus 30km/hr, Group 3 less 30km/hr. Distance: 40km, 38km & 32km. Please self-seed yourself into the correct group for your ability so that all 3 groups meet up at the regroup points at approximately the same time. This allows us to ride off from each regroup point together – we do not have ride leaders for each speed group so we are still one group. More info and links to maps can be found here
* ARENA SWIMMING, 7pm
This session is usually based on a mix of technique and threshold work but IT’S TIME TRIAL WEEK! We will be doing our normal session mixed with a CSS time trial at the end. This is a great way to assess your efforts over the past weeks or to set yourself a baseline to work from. Please don’t shy away from it. It is what it is! Please bring your Fins, Pull Buoy, Paddles (we have some club PB and Paddles available). Swim caps are also encouraged so we can make use of the Tempo trainers!
WEDNESDAY 11th MARCH
* CRAIGIE SWIMMING, 6.30pm
Indoor pool with Brad – This session is technique based and perfect for CT’s and those of us looking to develop their confidence and stroke. Please bring your Fins, Pull Buoy, Paddles (we have some club PB and Paddles available). Kristy is no longer able to coach this session so while we look for a suitable replacement, Brad will be guiding you through a session written by Janine.
Outdoor pool with Janine – This session is usually based on a mix of technique and threshold work but IT’S TIME TRIAL WEEK! We will be doing our normal session mixed with a CSS time trial at the end. This is a great way to assess your efforts over the past weeks or to set yourself a baseline to work from. Please don’t shy away from it. It is what it is! Please bring your Fins, Pull Buoy, Paddles (we have some club PB and Paddles available). Swim caps are also encouraged so we can make use of the Tempo trainers!
THURSDAY 12th MARCH
* CLUB RIDE: Joondalup Loop Anticlockwise, Celebrations Bottle-shop at Whitfords Shopping Centre, 6am
This is one of the regular Thursday morning club rides. This is a scheduled recover ride and will be conducted at an easy to moderate pace with 5 regroup points. Distance: 26km or 35km.
* SUMMER RUN – INTERVAL TRAINING : Flinders Reserve, 6-7pm
These fun interval sessions are suitable for all levels and running experience. All welcome to come along and give it a go!
FRIDAY 13th MARCH
* CRAIGIE SWIMMING- Not on this week
Outdoor pool – this session won’t be on this week due to School swim carnivals. Friday swimming will resume on the 20th March.
* TRYSTARS RUN & CYCLE TRAINING- Sorrento Surf Club, 4.30pm
This is our last week and we will be at SSLSC for both Trystars and CT’s. CT’s and Trystars will be doing a fun splash and dash session together before our windup party.. so please bring your bathers, towel, warm clothing and water. Parent help is encouraged and please try to arrive a few minutes early so we can register and be ready to go. Registration is open at 4.20pm. There will be Pizza, games and a whole lots of fun!
SATURDAY 14th MARCH
* CT RIDE WITH KEVIN – NOT ON THIS WEEK
Kevin is away coaching so the CT ride will not be on this week.
* CLUB LONG RIDE: Jindalee Coast + Pippandinny, 80km – SSLSC, 6am
50km short option – turn back at Butler. Return for run off bike and/or coffee & chat at Finns kiosk outside surf club. More info can be found here
SUNDAY 15th MARCH
* SUNSMART WOMENS TRI :
If you are not participating in this race (or one of the many available this weekend) we encourage you to come along and support the ladies taking part, a lot of them for the first time. The North coast tent and BBQ will be there and it is a great morning out supporting your club mates!
* CLUB RIDES:
Cyclists please note that it is getting darker now for our early morning starts so it is time to get out the bike lights, charge or change the batteries and mount them both front and rear. Don’t forget to wear your ID bands too.
Club étiqueté has again been brought to the committees attention. Please remember to ride safe, keep each other safe and obey the road rules. When riding with a group, please make sure you maintain safe cycling practices of calling out or signalling all relevant information to the group, ride single file or max 2 abreast and only overtake on the right. Please follow all instructions and suggestions given by the ride leaders and keep each other safe out there!
* SWIM CARDS:
Swim cards will be on hand at all sessions. The cards are $90 for 10 sessions (a saving of $10). Show the coach your payment receipt (paper or digital copy) and they can authorise your card! Payment is required either by direct deposit or register now to avoid too much cash handling on pool deck
1. Direct Deposit to the NCTC account using:
BSB: 066166 Account: 10018211 Reference: SC Surname
2. Register Now payment using the Swim Card event setup at https://www.registernow.com.au/secure/Register.aspx?E=15483
* AQUATHLON #12- The last aquathlon of the season is coming up on the 20th March. Our charity team for Busso 70.3 will be hosting the BBQ and a raffle to raise money for their team to support muscular dystrophy. Please put it in your diary and come along for a great night of racing, spectating and celebrating the aquathlon series with your club mates.
* TRANSITION WORKSHOP – Bill Whalley will be running a transition workshop which will be an extremely valuable experience for anyone able to attend. Date to be confirmed soon but look for it to happen in early April.
* BUSSO 70.3 SEMINAR #3 – Barry Silverlock will be running a 3rd seminar for the Busso half participants to go over race day and what to expect, etc. Look out for it in early-mid April.