Another edition of the classic Easter Monday fun run, featuring 21, 17 and 10 km distances. Thanks to our host Dennis Tan, and all the great NCTC supporters.
Click on any of the pictures to enlarge
- First male crossing the line for the 21 km: Blake Kappler in 1 hr 22 min 43 sec. Followed by Lyndsay Bennett.
- First female: Margie Hadley, in 1 hr 31 min 40 sec, followed by Eve O’Hare.
Waiting for a few more times to come in. If you haven’t sent yours, here is the link.
If you want to volunteer a recap, please let me know. Message me in FB.
- Blake Kappler practiced dirty tricks on Gilly Chutrau, kicking dirt on his face and chest as he sped up and disappeared.
- Blake also ran backwards, may be we should just DQ him … BTW he’d run the previous day with pro triathletes…
- Craig Cairns and Gilly Chutrau ran together most of the 21 km and crossed the finish line at the same time (same “gun” time)
- Mark Hoffman and Eve O’Hare went the extra distance to complete the 21.1 km. Both PB’ed their half marathon times.
- SJ Brummage was late to the group picture.
- Bill Whalley kept a good fast pace, and thanks to his words of wisdom, kept the leaders on the right path.
- Dennis Tan ran (welcome back!), no artistic pictures this time
- Deb Kirkham the black angel on wheels saved many from dehydration. Alsopicked up nasty sweaty shirts to deliver at the finish line. Lucky none ended in the rubbish bins.
- Everybody loved the event, praised Dennis for organising and volunteers for support. Suggestions had to do with marking the course(s) and to improvise water stations
- To be continued… by y’all