Hi Everyone, well its finally here, our 1st Have A Go Triathlon of the session. It’s a great opportunity to try out those skills we have been practicing over the last 4 weeks. It is open to ALL of our Club Trystars, including CT’s. As a TRYstar, the event is covered, however we all have to pay pool entry. Parents, don’t pay spectator fees. Just pay for the TRYstars pool entry, get a wrist band on them and come around to the transition. There is a door there where we can go in and watch your TRYstar swim. I will see everyone on Friday hopefully and answer any questions. We will need Marshalls, so please contact Nicole. (there’s more…)
Have a Go Triathlon – Craigie Leisure Centre 24th November 2012
When: Saturday 24th November 2012, registration 2pm,
Where: Craigie Leisure Centre, Whitfords Avenue Craigie. Right side of the leisure centre.
What to do:
- Register inside the Leisure Centre at the desk right in front of you as you walk in the doors.
- Pay for your pool entry and get your arm band. (this will allow you access after the triathlon as well)
- Take your bike to the right side of the leisure centre (access road where it will be blocked off and you will see bike racks)
- Rack your bike in your correct age group, put down your helmet, towel, shoes, shirt next to your bike ready for when you do your transitions. Ask for help if you need.
- KEEP YOUR SHOES ON UNTIL NICOLE HAS SHOWN THE RUN AND BIKE COURSE
Listen to Nicole and Karen as they talk you through the course. For new TRYstars, we will take you on a ride through the bike course. We will need about 10 parent helpers / marshals to keep the TRYstars safe. Please see Nicole and Karen. We will really appreciate your help on the day.
Each age group will start of in waves. Maximum Distances you are allowed to do for this race. Do what you think you are comfortable with, remember it’s about finishing and enjoying the experience
|10-11 years||25-200m||3-6km||500m -1km|
Certificate Presentations and Spot Prizes.
Notes for Parents
Please be cautious around the pool, especially when TRYstars are exiting the pool and going up to the transition area. Let the children in the group all be clear of the pool before you attempt to exit yourself. Please don’t enter the transition area, it can be dangerous for everyone in the area. We have marshals that will assist your child. For safety, please don’t remove bikes or gear until the event has completed.